The church arose in 1936-38 on the basis of a design by Z. Mączeński. The building style recalls the traditional architecture of the region.
The walls were erected using an unusual post-frame construction and then boarded. The internal layout is single-nave, with a narrower chancel which is closed on three sides and has a sacristy attached. Inside flat ceilings have been used, while the nave is partially covered by false arched vaulting resting on columns. The church is furnished with a baroque main altar from the C18th or C19th, brought from another church. It contains a painting of the Assumption of the BVM.