Płoki Sanctuary of Our Lady the Patron of Working Families Płoki
The miraculous painting of Our Lady, worshipped here, dates from the 2nd half of the 15th century and has been visited by the pilgrim miners since the Middle Ages.
It was crowned in 1982. Until now the painting is the most common aim of the pilgrimages of the Upper Silesian miners, who come here in particular to attend the mass on the Sunday preceding the feast of the Nativity of the Blessed Virgin Mary (September 8), which is followed by a week-long fair. The pilgrims to Płoki also visit the grave of God’s servant, Rev. Michał Rapacz (1904–46), the local parish priest who was murdered by unknown culprits, possibly connected with the communist authorities.