Sanctuary of Our Lady the Jaworzyna Queen of the Tatras on Wiktorówki
Among the Tatra forests, near Rusinowa Clearing and the peak of Gęsia Szyja Mountain in 1860 Our Lady appeared in the spruce branches to a young shepherdess from Groń, Marysia Murzańska.
In the course of time, a roadside shrine with a figurine of Our Lady was placed there. The later Pope often came here during his mountain hikes – his skied to Wiktorówki Clearing for the last time in the winter of 1978. Pope John Paul II wished to visit Our Lady, the so-called Queen of the Tatra Mountains in 1997, but the helicopter carrying him to Morskie Oko Lake only flew over Wiktorówki and Rusinowa Clearing. Today, a beautiful wooden chapel in the Zakopane style is located on Wiktorówki Clearing and masses of pilgrims continue to reach it by hiking trails (the only way to get here).